Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Awesome Video Game Music - Hell March (Red Alert series)

I tend to wax nostalgic about a lot of games, but one game that I really don't talk about, but was a HUGE part of my young gaming life, was Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

The easy-to-get-into controls and painfully cheesy storyline/cutscenes made Red Alert my favorite game in the RTS genre that wasn't named StarCraft. That good-time feelings went on through Tiberian Sun, as well as Red Alert 2 and 3. I'll admit that 3 wasn't as good as the other 2 games, but was still a fun time.

I digress, this is about the music and the song that defined all 3 Red Alert games, the song that got you all hyped to make alliances, break those alliances, and then hurl nuclear warheads at them....at least that's what my friend Dave always did.....fucker.....

Here is the next installment into Awesome Video Game Music: All 3 versions of  Hell March!



For reference:

Hell March 2 - 6:22
Hell March 3 - 10:06

If all three of these songs don't end up on your "Workout Mix" before long, you need to check yourself.

The first iteration of Hell March (1996) was the one I spent the most time with, seeing as I turned off every other track so I could have the best/only song that matters playing all the time. The second Hell March (2000) was, in my honest opinion, the most bad ass sounding one and is one I will still listen to so I can get pumped for whatever the day wants to throw at me (even nuclear warheads), and the third Hell March (2008) felt like the one most qualified to be in a film like Pacific Rim.

You really can't go wrong with any of these, even if you are playing against my friend Dave.....fucker.....

No comments:

Post a Comment