Monday, August 31, 2015

What's Coming Up In September, 2015?

As we get closer to Q4 and closer to the big blockbuster titles, Fall takes over, football starts back up, hockey gets closer to kicking off (HELL YEAH!), and this month has plenty of reasons to be excited as a gamer. Fortunately, it starts right away. Here is what to look forward to this September.

September 1st:

Mad Max - (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Linux)


Set in the Mad Max universe, but not based on the recent movie, and developed by the studio behind the Just Cause series, Mad Max looks like an exciting and explosive good time. I will be doing a live stream of this on release day with a forthcoming post with my thoughts on this. Also, Mad Max: Fury Road comes out on Blu-Ray as well, so you can really get your fix.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)


Talk about blockbusters. The final entry in the series promises amazing graphics, open-world gameplay, online multiplayer, and all the goofiness this series is known for. Also, if this is Kojima's swan song, you bet your ass it's gonna be crazy. I will be doing an unboxing of the special edition when it gets delivered, which I believe is next week. Metal Gear Solid is one of the most important franchises in gaming, and you definitely want to be a part of this.

September 11th:

Super Mario Maker - (Wii U)


The more I see of this game, the more I am falling in love with it. This looks to be the killer app for the Wii U and I can not wait to get my hands on this, even if it means that Nintendo will end up placing claims on my YouTube videos.


September 15th:

Forza Motorsport 6 - (Xbox One)


The next entry in the long-running racing series looks absolutely stunning. Day 1 purchase for sure.

NHL 16 - (PS4, Xbox One - Legacy Edition on Xbox 360, PS3)


EA's second year of bringing its hockey franchise to current-gen consoles, which means this should be pretty good. Also, a topic very close to my heart: mascots!

September 25th:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - (3DS)


This game looks so adorable! If you are one of those players who loves designing your own home, now you can design other folks' homes. I was never good at that while playing Animal Crossing, but I will still buy this and give it a go.


September 29th:

LEGO Dimensions - (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U)


You knew it was going to happen, LEGO now is in the "place figures on portal, they come to life in game" genre. Also, Dimensions looks insane with all the properties they have licensed in this game, including Doctor Who!!!!!!

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - (PSVita)


Hey, a Vita sighting! A rhythm game featuring the cast of Persona 4 as well as Hatsune Miku. I love the music in this series and look forward to picking this up.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 - (PS4, Xbox One)


I really want this to be good. It looks like THPS5 is tugging at the nostalgia strings, and it's saying all the right things. I LOVED this series when I was younger, but the more recent entries have left me with a "bleh" feeling about this. I speak for a generation of gamers when I say, "PLEASE be good!".

Other Notes:

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - PC, PS3, PS4 - September 15th

- Skylanders: SuperChargers comes to basically every console ever on September 20th. I kinda checked out around Swap Force, but this is still a well regarded franchise.

- Blood Bowl 2 comes to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on September 22nd. I played the first one and really hope the sequel can tell me what actually is happening.

- FIFA 16 takes over the world on September 22nd, and will be on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

- Get your basketball fix on September 29th as both NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16 come out.

- Fallout Anthology comes out for PC and will include Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: Tactics, Fallout 3 GOTY, and New Vegas Ultimate Edition and come in a sweet mini-nuke case with sounds. Hell of a deal here. Take a look:

============================================================================================

Whew! That's just a taste of what's to come this month in video gaming and I hope you all have been saving up because there is a lot of greatness to get us ready for Q4. Enjoy and keep your eyes peeled here and on the Jeff of All Games family of outlets (Twitch, YouTube, Soundcloud) for many good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment