Monday, December 14, 2015

The Jeff of All Games 2015 Award Categories!

As we get closer and closer to 2016, it's time to take a look back at this past year's triumphs and tribulations, and to recognize the things that made 2015 so memorable. Here is just an overview of the categories in which I will be doling out the metaphorical hardware:

Best Fighting Game
I am a big of a fighting game nut, so I find the game that packed the most punch and knocked out the competition.

Best Sports Game
Every Year gets a slew of new additions to the buffet of sports titles, but I award the game that takes their respective franchise to the next level and is able to make the "16" on the box worth the $$.

Best Use of Troy Baker
One of the hardest working voice actors in the business, Troy Baker was busy yet again in 2015 for animated shows and video games, I decide which performance was best, which is more difficult than you can imagine.

Best Handheld Exclusive
"Gaming on the Go" can not and will not be ignored! This category will look at the best game on the Playstation Vita and Nintendo 3DS, since trying to find good mobile games on phones/tablets/watches etc., is a real minefield.

Biggest Surprise
The game that either came out of nowhere and surprised me, or one that had little hype but delivered big. Which game caught me off guard and became a welcomed addition to my collection?

Biggest Disappointment
You take the good, you get the bad. This award is for the game/experience that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Either it was a game with a ton of hype that fell way short, or something that just could not garner my attention no matter how hard I tried.

Best Free-to-Play Experience
Free-to-Play games are everywhere and growing more by the second. So which F2P game is worth your non-existent money? Which micro-transactions are least egregious? You have so many hours in a day, so which F2P is worth that hard-earned time?

Best Early Access/Beta Experience
Plenty of games go through a Beta or through Steam Early Access. I find out which game had the best experience in the early stages, and which game looked the most promising.

Best HD/Remastered/Definitive/Whatever Edition
There are way too many of these, and my feelings on these things are well known, but I feel it's best to see which collection of an old-game-made-shiny-and-new is best.

Overall Game of the Year 
Finally, I release my Top 10 Games of the Year, and figure out which game deserves that coveted title of "Game of the Year".  This is always the hardest award to give, so I expect many late nights and beers.
========================================================================================

The awards will be split up into 3 parts: 4 awards in Part 1, 5 in Part 2, and Game of the Year in Part 3. I will be posting blog entries, making YouTube entries, and podcasts for each part as well. It is indeed the most wonderful time of the year, so follow the blog and follow me on Twitter @JeffMcFlyIA to stay up to date on all the happenings on my "family of networks".

No comments:

Post a Comment