Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My Top 15 Games of All Time: #13

I have mentioned this game before in a Flashback Friday post, so this might be a brief one, and it seems like great timing with the blockbuster movie out soon, so let's talk about one of my favorite arcade games of all time dealing with the biggest thing from my childhood, that I ended up spending a lot of time with via my NES.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# 13 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game - First released 1989 (Arcade, NES)


First and foremost, I am a HUGE TMNT fan, to the point where whenever I am even close to anything dealing with them, I turn back into an 8-year-old boy and basically start only making sounds like "wah", "gee", "yee", and hop up and down (I was a weird child). I had the bedroom set, the action figures, the Turtle Van, the playsets, the plastic weapons, the plastic shell, and somehow I still turned out OK.

This was still in my early ages of being a video gamer, but even by 1990, I had played the first TMNT game for the NES and it was a HUGE bummer. Even for me, that game has very few redeeming qualities. Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long to get not only a great TMNT game, but one of the best games I have ever played. Again, I may be a little biased based on the source material here, but it's my list, so deal with it. :)


Again, I've covered this game before so just know that I spent A LOT of time with this game, jump kicking my way through all the levels, beating the game so many times. To this day, I can go back and know which enemies are in which level and what scripted events happen and when they happen.

Since I like adding videos to this countdown, let's look at a speedrun:


Amazing game, better with friends, the best TMNT game out there, and one of my favorites of all time.

If you want to read my previous post, HERE is the link.

Also, kind of already stoked for this weekend so I can see my boys on the big screen again.... "yee"....

No comments:

Post a Comment