Monday, January 18, 2016

The Jeff of All Games is now on Patreon!


Big news today as I was able to launch my newest endeavor. The Jeff of All Games and the brand now has a page on Patreon.

What is Patreon?

Good Question. Think of it as a GoFundMe or an ongoing Kickstarter campaign.

Go on...

Ok, basically I'm asking for a little bit of financial help to continue making more and better content. I still plan on cranking out the content throughout all my networks (Blog, YouTube, Podcast, Twitch) but with your help I can do more content more frequently and do so at a higher quality.

So you are asking me to pay for your content?

NO, not at all. Every bit of my content will continue to be free. You don't have to pay a dime.

So why would I choose to give you any money?

I am but one man looking to realize his dream of being a professional video game journalist. Everything I use, whether it be equipment, subscriptions to services, game purchases, etc., comes directly out of my pocket. I'm not given anything except beta codes (sometimes).

So you're asking for a big pile of cash?

NO. You can become a "Patron" by pledging just a few dollars per month.

What do you plan on doing with these pledges?

With these pledges I will be able to:

  • Make more content more frequently; improving quantity
  • Add/upgrade my equipment/software to make the content better; improving quality
  • Make it easier to travel, attending events/conventions to create more content. 
...and more!

OK, are there any benefits to pledging?

ABSOLUTELY! I have reward tiers!

If you pledge just $1 per month, you will get access to Patron-only updates, a monthly newsletter written by me, and an exclusive Q & A session.

If you pledge $10 or more per month, you get all that previous stuff, plus you'll be mentioned in my monthly Patron Shout-Out video. Also, I will follow you on Twitter (if I'm not already) and Subscribe to your YouTube channel (if I'm not already).

If you pledge $20 or more per month, you can be a part of the action! I will have a monthly Patron Playdate Live Stream on my Twitch page. Those of you at this level will get invited to join in and play with or against me as we battle wits live, and have it archived on my YouTube channel.

Hmmm...anything else?

The BIGGEST PERK OF ALL!

A portion of the pledges will go into my Extra Life campaign, which supports Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. So not only will you be helping me realize my dream of becoming a professional video game journalist, you'll be donating to a great cause and saving lives of children who could really use the help.

So what's the bottom line?

It all boils down to this: If you don't want to pledge, that's totally fine, as all of my content will be free, available and frequent. If you would like to pledge, then that's fantastic, you get a few extra perks, and everybody will feel real good. :)

Where can I pledge?

www.patreon.com/jeffofallgames 

I hope this helps explain how this system works, and dispels any fear that I'm just begging for money at this point. I want to realize a dream, so I wanted to try this avenue.

Thank you for any support, whether financially, emotionally, or word of mouth.
- Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment