Thursday, January 15, 2015

Awesome Video Game Music - Batman (NES) Stage 1


While perusing my NES library (yeah, that's right, perusing), I found some old Konami titles I played a lot in my youth. While one of them, unfortunately, was the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (ugh), another one I found was Batman. (yay).

While these two titles may not share the same qualities when it comes to...well, quality, they do share one thing: Konami Drums.

Here is the song I wanted to focus on, it comes from stage 1 of Batman (Streets of Desolation) on the NES, enjoy!


You can hear those kickass drums drive the beat forward. Also, it fits the character very nicely, with the dark tones yet heroic feel.

Batman the game was pretty awesome, if not extremely difficult. While Superman has had to deal with some real shit in the video game world, his Gotham counterpart has had relative success, especially with Arkham Knight due out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment