Thursday, January 22, 2015

Jeff of All Games News Break 1/22/15

We all deserve a break today, don't we? How bout a news break? Here are some of the latest video game news, and updates on what's happening with THIS GUY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up in the video game industry?

- The Elder Scrolls Online finally received a release date for Xbox One and PS4, June 9th is the day. What's more, there will not be a monthly subscription fee as the game will drop the fees for all versions on March 17th. It seems that maybe the game didn't do as well as Bethesda had hoped, and maybe with the fees dropped and new console versions coming out, more players may take a look at this. I played the beta and decided to skip the launch since I am already paying for multiple MMO's, but I will be getting the Xbox One version and check it out now that there will be no fees.

- The cover art for Forza Motorsport 6 was unveiled. Why is this a big deal? It coincided with Ford unveiling the all new GT super sports car.






I find this to be doubly dope! Forza is a hell of a series (5 notwithstanding) and the new Ford GT is a mean looking machine.

- Grand Theft Auto V for PC was pushed back to March 24th. This seems like the set-in-stone date now. You can pre-order off Steam now. If you pre-order before February 1st, you get the $1,000,000 extra cash (which is split in half between Single player and GTA Online).

- Microsoft held a keynote yesterday detailing Windows 10 (still kinda bugs me that we just forgot all about 9 and went straight to 10) and it does sound like a nice upgrade. Some features that stand out to me personally:

* They crammed Cortana into everything possible, including the redesigned Internet Explorer

* You can stream Xbox One games with any Windows 10 enabled device

* The promise of more Cross-Platform games where Xbox users and PC users can play with/against eachother (which they used Fable Legends to demonstrate).

* If you have Windows 7 or newer, the upgrade is FREE for you to upgrade within a year.

What's up with Jeff?

Oh not much, how YOU doin?

Seriously, what's up Jeff?

Actually a lot!

- I got back into live streaming via hitbox.tv/DrJohnnyLT . Last night I streamed an hour of Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball and an hour of Massive Chalice, both of which can be found on my YouTube page. Expect more of that in the near future with updates blasted on my Twitter feed.

- I am currently looking for the best way to put together a weekly podcast. I already have the software I need, now I just need to hash out a show format and find some royalty-free music to slap on to make it sound like I know what I am doing. Updates will be forthcoming.

- Crossy Road finally came out for Android devices, so if you don't hear from me for a while, you now know why.

- I had three 12-packs of Surge arrive from Amazon yesterday, so I may not sleep for, like, a year, and it will all taste so glorious. (Side note: Surge and Kinky Blue is quite tasty, which I found out by pure happenstance).

Games I Am Currently Playing:

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Xbox One

I imported this game from Japan last week via Play-Asia.com. The game is all in Japanese (obviously) so I would suggest searching for a translation online, but, man, I've been playing A LOT of this and it is ridiculous and awesome. Highly recommend. Plus you get Japanese achievements which are always fun to have, since nobody on your friends list is going to have them (except me, of course).

Saint's Row IV: Re-Elected - Xbox One

Pokèmon Omega Ruby - 3DS

Crossy Road - Android (must...keep...tapping....)

Games I Want to Spend More Time With:

Shin Megami Tensei IV - 3DS

Citizens of Earth - PS4, Vita

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - 3DS

The Game of Thrones game AND Tales from the Borderlands. Basically any Telltale game I have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's just a brief summary on some of the big stories and what's going on in the life of me. Check back for future news as it unfolds, and don't forget to check out my hitbox.tv channel and my YouTube channel as I continue to add more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment