Monday, March 10, 2014

Check this out: One Finger Death Punch

Twas the days before Titanfall, and all through the house
not a sound could be heard, but the rapid clicking of my mouse

Why? Well I checked out One Finger Death Punch on Steam the other day and I figured I would tell you about it.

Let the clicking begin! FIGHT!
The whole basis of 1FDP is simple: enemies will attack you from either side of the screen and your job is to take them out. It's a 2D game with 2 buttons. (Kinda misleading with the name, you actually use 2 fingers).

You start off with simple enemies: one hit, one kill. If they are coming from the left side of the screen, you click the left mouse button, and vice versa for the right side. After the first couple of levels you say to yourself "I got this".

FYI: You may not totally "got this" yet.
As the game progresses, you get introduced to other enemies and mechanics. Some enemies that take 2 hits to take out, enemies that dodge your first attack and move to the other side of you. Enemies that will take multiple hits on multiple sides to eliminate, as well as weapons you can throw, killing any enemy on that side of the screen. Add to that passive skills you unlock throughout the game that give you bonus thrown weapons or other perks.

Yeah it can get all sorts of confusing and seizure-inducing.

The end result, however, is a frantic but fun time waster.

I am going to click you so hard!
So far, I have played just past the first boss and I'll come back to it for brief little chunks of playtime. It's funny, simple-yet-frantic, and well worth the $4 I spent on Steam. The price, I believe, goes back up to $5 towards the end of March. Either way, I have been enjoying it and I think you should check it out.

Now I will exclaim, with this new game in sight,
Happy Titanfall day to all, I probably won't sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment