Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Recapping Sony's E3 2015 Press Conference


One more conference left for the day, and it's Sony. They have had all day to see what Microsoft announced and are ready to fire back. What will they do? This time, I am going to embed the video on the blog, maybe that will help you readers follow along.



Again, I am starting when the actual conference starts (26 minutes in):

- Montage!

- Batman, Mad Max, Destiny, Metal Gear, more Battlefront, BASEBALL!

- Street Fighter, Uncharted, let's go already!

- Hello Shawn Layden, you sound like you just ran a 5k.

- "That's an applause line". Clap you bastards!

- First game up: shut up and let the man talk...WHOA!!! OOH AHHH!!, SHH!!!

- OH! Now I know why they wouldn't shut the hell up...The Last Guardian

- He's so fluffy!

- Looks beautiful.

- 2016

- More difficult accents, lovely.

- He said Guerrilla Games by the way. The Killzone team.

- Cue the trance music. Yes!

- You can hear the low humming on the mic right? Bad mic day all around I think.

- New franchise? So not a new Killzone game?

- Oooh, is this life after electricity?

- Wow! Look at those environments!

- Robots!

- Stealth stab!

- Combat seems fun as hell and very engaging.

- The game is Horizon: Zero Dawn, and looks superbly awesome!

- Also, great ambient music.

- No release date, just move along, nothing to see here.

- This game seems weird, I'm interested...

- Hitman, bitches!

- Asad Qizilbash. Perhaps the name of my new character in World of Warcraft.

- So the game is just called Hitman? Ok.

- Hey, btw, that new movie comes out this year, doesn't it?

- No info really about it, just that it's happening.

- Street Fighter V time!

- New characters announced! Birdie & Cammy,

- July 23rd Beta, exclusive to PS4. HYPE!

- More games...can we talk about the ones you've announced? No? Ok...

- No Man's Sky gameplay!

- Space dogfighting! Awesome.

- "I've only got 3 minutes", geez. I feel rushed here.

- Talk about scale...WOW!

- The game looks incredible. Sold!

- You can go on the planet? Extra SOLD!

- That was seamless...wow!

- That showed extremely well.

- Really, this pace is kind of extreme, game, game, game, game, game, game...chill.

- That was awkward... "Thank you"...for what? Who are you? Oh, Media Molecule, there we go!

- Dreams is next from the LittleBigPlanet studio.

- A drawing game eh? Well, I'm screwed.

- Kidding aside, the visual style is very striking and looks like nothing I've ever seen before.

- You can edit other people's creations.

- AWWW Baby polar bear! It's also so fluffy. I might die.

- I guess I don't know what this game is... looks interesting, whatever it is.

- No release date...I'm sensing a theme here.

- Firewatch! I'm going to reference Jeff Gerstmann when he talked about this game at PAX..."What the fuck is Firewatch?" Let's see.

- ...Still don't know.

- Adam Boyes, going to tell us something about Firewatch? Nope, moving right along. You GUYS! Seriously!

- Let's talk Destiny.

- New expansion!

- The Taken King, 9/15/15.

- What's in the expansion? I don't know? New locations, enemies, raids...the usual?

- Adam, what's in this expansion?

- New things....moving on...

- DAMMIT! This pace is grueling, I want details about things!

- Assassin's Creed Syndicate being talked about.

- Yep, the game looks brutal. I can't wait!

- Exclusive missions.

- MOVING ON!!

- Final Fantasy game incoming.

- World of Final Fantasy, featuring cute mini-versions of characters from games past, coming to PS4 and Vita in 2016.

- He must be talking about Final Fantasy VII now, huh?

- The crowd goes wild! Looks like a FFVII HD remake. Hell yeah!

- 4 new games from Devolver Digital...sweet!

- Ronin, Eitr, Mother Russia Bleeds, and Crossing Souls all look freaking cool!

- I'm sure Adam will tell us about the games and any sort of release window...NOPE! (Side note, I like Adam Boyes).

- Shenmue 3!

- Great to see that game get attention, hopefully that game gets funded, and I see no reason why it won't. Hell, I will back it.

- Batman: Arkham Knight time! FUCK YES!

- I can't wait to play this game!

- Can SOMEONE, say SOMETHING, about ANYTHING? PLEASE!

- At least now we get to hear from Andrew House about project Morpheus and how Sony is entering the VR game.

- Morpheus is pushing the multiplayer aspect of VR gaming, which seems awesome.

- With it comes Rigs. A new multiplayer battle arena style game.

- Partnership with Spotify.

- a la carte channels without buying a multi channel pack, seems pretty cool.

- Let's talk about Call of Duty...finally...

- Mark Lamia seems like he is bro-ing out HARD!...bro!

- Almost too hard...

- 4-player co-op. NICE!

- Did he just make an enemy puke? That seems like super dope!

- I may play the whole game that way...

- Black Ops III is going to be amazing!

- Multiplayer...what every player actually cares about.

- Yep, that's some Call of Duty multiplayer and it looks fast, intense, and still some of the best online experiences in gaming.

- November 6th. Mark your calendars.

- Sony now has the rights to getting map packs before everyone else.

- Exclusive beta for PS4 this August.

- Another montage of games that flies by WAY too fast to sink in.

- S....Star Wars Battlefront? More? YES!

- Nope, Disney Infinity 3.0. including Star Wars. Awesome! I like Infinity.

- Johnny V is great at this. That dude rocks!

- I don't care that I'm 29 years old, I'm buying this! Shut up!

- Boba Fett. I want!

- Launching this Fall, at least we get something of a release window.

- Ok, Star Wars Battlefront....FUCK YEAH!

- "Luke Skywater?" Man these accents are getting more and more tough the later it gets and the more I drink. He said "Skywater", right?

- GOD DAMN this looks like a great fucking game! Also, listen to the sounds of the lasers, if you have a meaty sound system, this thing is going to KICK!

- Horde mode? Awesome!

- HYPE!

- We have one last video to see..I think...did it freeze or...ok then....oh there we go!

- Gotta be Uncharted right?

- Yep, Uncharted.

- Side note: I saw a really good Nathan Drake cosplayer at Comic-Con this past weekend. Had to take my picture with him.

- Hey, Nathan...do you want to move? Sully left you...he's gone...Nate...Nate....Reset! Fuck it, we'll do it live!

- There you go...

- Graphically impressive, like every game in the series.

- Wow, the ultimate Superman punch off a building. Roman Reigns would be impressed.

- Dammit! I just want Nathan to pick up ammo off the ground automatically, instead of hitting Triangle. they STILL haven't changed that.

- Great banter with Nathan and Sully, some of the best voice actors in the business.

- I do want to meet Nolan North (Nathan Drake). Bucket List.

- Little framey, hope it performs better when it's finalized.

- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

- Wait..what just happened? Bruce Straley gets nothing? No intro, no talk, nothing?

- And that's Sony?.....I guess...

Hmm...let me get another beer before I give my analysis.

I don't know what to think...there were A LOT of games that were shown. A LOT of awesome games being shown, but nobody that bothered to talk about them or give any release dates. The pace was so fast, it was a real "blink and you'll miss 10 things" vibe, and nothing really sunk in.

Morpheus was BARELY mentioned, and games for it flashed on screen for a second, besides Rigs.

Also, hey you guys are still thinking about Vita....right?...right?

My highlights:

- I want to know more about Horizon

- Assassin's Creed still looks sick!

- No Man's Sky looks amazing!

- Call of Duty, yo!

- Star Wars Battlefront looks like my Game of Show thus far.

- I'm glad we saw SOMETHING about Uncharted.

That's the day of conferences. Whew! A LOT to digest from the day. But for now, it's time for sleep. 2 conferences tomorrow with Nintendo and Square Enix.

No comments:

Post a Comment