Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Awesome Video Game Music: 2 songs from Punch-Out!!



If you've been following the blog at all recently (thank you, by the way), you'll know I have been playing A LOT of the new Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS. My main fighter is, much like I predicted, Little Mac. Mac is one of my favorite characters in gaming history and I will always hold him and the entire Punch-Out!! game near and dear.

Part of the reason why that game is so iconic and well-regarded is the music. So let's look at a couple themes from Punch-Out!!.

1. Fight Theme


The song really gives you that "Eye of the Tiger" feel while you are taking down big baddies with your punches.

Of course this wouldn't be complete without an appearance from...


If that doesn't trip your nostalgia trigger.....this one will. My absolute favorite song in the game, and one of my favorite songs in gaming history (not to mention my current ringtone, sorry Killer Instinct).

2. The Jogging theme.


An iconic theme from an iconic game, with the iconic pink jogging suit. Every time I hear it I am taken back to my childhood and the hours I spent with this game. This song will still pump me up and, surprisingly enough, works really well in the gym.

Here is how it sounds in the new Smash Bros:


All of this is absolute awesome and I have no problem playing the original game, cranking up the music, or using Little Mac in Smash Bros to punch fools into next week. Turn up the music next time you go for a run, I promise it will be the most satisfying jog you've ever had. Wear a pink jogging suit for added effect and attention.

Also, this is the 100th post in the history of this blog. Hope you have enjoyed everything so far and thanks for checking this out. Here's to another 100 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment