Monday, October 27, 2014

So....what happened last weekend?



As many of you know, I took part in a 24 hour gaming marathon through Extra Life raising money for the University of Iowa Children's Hospital. Things were going OK, got a few views on my twitch account, hoping for a good day of raising money.

Then something really messed up happened...

Twitch stopped responding. After clicking "Start Streaming" on my OBS, which I use to stream directly to Twitch, the site said I was offline when I was clearly live. The videos were being archived but the live portion did not work, which meant nobody could watch and any momentum I had was gone like THAT.

With some quick thinking I made an account over at Hitbox and finished out the marathon, but the lack of notice and exposure meant I was basically in space where no one could hear me....well, do anything really.

So, because of all the mishaps and lost momentum, I am announcing a follow-up date with more time to talk about it, and more time to get you interested in watching and donating towards my cause. Here are the details as they stand...

- Saturday, November 22nd, Noon to Midnight CST

- 12-hour marathon over on my Hitbox page: www.hitbox.tv/DrJohnnyLT

- Games are TBD at this point

- There is still plenty of time to donate and help sick kids here in Iowa. Go to my site and donate! www.extra-life.org/participant/jeffmcfly
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to give the Children's Hospital the best chance possible to receive the most support and that's why I am doing this. I hold this event very close to my heart and it means a lot to me, so I hope you can find it in your hearts to help me and the University of Iowa Children's Hospital.

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment